At Rosslyn Junior High, we provide students with meaningful opportunities to explore their interests, discover their talents and grow academically. Together, we work collaboratively with families to ensure each student achieves their full potential. We offer:
• a talented and caring staff
• an abundance of technology - SMART Boards, Chromebooks, computer labs and wireless network
• an excellent and affordable cafeteria
• a monthly student recognition program
• instruction that focuses on developing students’ citizenship skills
• support for students and their families through community partnerships
Please note: This website is meant as a general information site and will not have too much by way of specific information other than the school calendar. All other information such as newsletters, teacher contacts, field trip details, homework, attendance, etc. will only be posted in SchoolZone. Please contact Mr. Prokopiw (firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.453.1576) if you require log in credentials or other assistance.
Dear Parents and Students,
It is my honour to be the principal of Rosslyn School. I look forward to making a difference at
Rosslyn School and creating opportunities for all kids to be successful and reach their full
potential by providing additional time and support for students who require it.
It is the mission of Rosslyn School to “ensure high levels of learning for ALL of our students.”
We want our students to think, problem solve and apply the knowledge they learn so that they
are exceptionally well prepared to succeed in our ever changing world. To that end, our staff
works as a professional learning community engaging in job embedded professional
development on a weekly basis. Our teachers are learners themselves, constantly improving their
instructional practices and collaborating to create a diverse and rewarding classroom experience.
Rosslyn is a community school that places great value on creating positive relationships with our
parent community. We believe education is a partnership between parents and the school,
we therefore strive to provide parents with up to date and relevant information regarding their
On behalf of the staff, I welcome you to Rosslyn School. We hope that your experience at
Rosslyn is rewarding and will cause you to believe as we do, that this truly is a school of
"Ensuring High levels of learning for all students"
The 3 Big Ideas:
Focus on Learning
- something is not taught unless the student has learned it.
Focus on Collaboration
- we are not an isolated collection of teachers under one roof, rather we are a team that
works interdependently to achieve common goals
Focus on Results
- it is the results of our efforts that we are concerned with. If we are not getting the results
in student achievement that we are expecting, then we will change our actions to get